Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lullabye Arkestra and Pierced Arrows at The Biltmore

Went out with Reid last night to check out a couple bands at The Biltmore, the openers were Lullabye Arkestra out of Toronto, never heard this two piece dynamite duo before but they definitely blew everyone's mind that was in attendance, as a drummer myself I love to see a guy breaking cymbal stand and smashing sticks, really putting his everything into it. On base Kat can melt the hardest of metal hearts, her tone and playing speaks for itself, I'm sure the Gods of Metal are smiling down on this duo.

The closers of the evening were a band by the name of Pierced Arrows, honestly upon hearing about this band I went to have a listen on their site and was not impressed in the least, run of the mill crusty rockers was the feeling I was left with after listening, but after meeting these legends in their own right and hearing how hard they still shred changed my mind in an instant.  Even though this was the final show of a 39 day tour they still played a full set and managed a jam with Lullabye Arkestra and a 2 song encore to screaming fans, unbelievable.  These guys will always have a special place in my musical heart after this evening.

Interview with Lullabye Arkestra on Vice Magazine website with some of my photos

Lullabye Arkestra


















Pierced Arrows















No comments:

Post a Comment